Thursday, January 2, 2014

Holla at ya girl

Let's talk about keeping in touch, pals. Obviously, leaving behind my entire life to go to Europe by myself for six months is the saddest, scariest, and most exciting thing I'll ever do, but I want to stay in touch with everyone as much as possible. Luckily, we do have some options here:

Social Media
No worries, being on another continent will not deter me from being a social media queen and posting up a storm on Twitter, Instagram, and (maybe) Facebook. So at the bare minimum I can still stalk everyone in my sorority and be reached by Facebook messages. Also I'll be trying to post on here with pictures and stories of all the exciting things I'll (hopefully) be doing.

Texting
So, the plan is for me to get an international SIM card when I get to the UK, meaning that they'll give me a British number that I can use with my iPhone, so that way I can keep all of my contacts and pictures and apps and all that business. I'll post my British number so that you can reach me easily when the time comes. If that fails, I'll keep my iPhone to use only on wifi and get a cheap pay-as-you-go British phone. So with that being said, iMessage will work if I have a data plan on my iPhone or whenever I have wifi, which should be all or not most of the time. However, I've decided that my international free texting and calling app of choice is Viber. It's a free app that allows you to text and call internationally and doesn't require you to make a stupid username or anything, it just uses your phone number. How handy. So it would probably be fun if you downloaded that one and we could talk for free as much as possible!

Letters
I'm not sure about whether or not I'll have a mailing address when I get there, but I'll try to figure that out once I'm settled because I'm probs gonna need my parents to mail me some essentials (Chick fil a sauce, basically), but I'm super excited to send letters and postcards back to everyone in the states, so if you would like some handwritten mementos of my love for you, hit me up with your address.

Email
Last but not least, I'll be checking my email, and for some reason my mom is delusional and thinks that this will be my main mode of communication with everyone from back home, but just in case the urge falls upon you to contact me on the world wide web you can do it at raychillo@gmail.com or reortega@crimson.ua.edu


Love you cuties and miss everyone already
xx (that's British for "I love y'all," I think)

And obvi my snapchat will be working and I'll be on there more than I breathe, so

No comments:

Post a Comment